Monday, February 21, 2011

artist statement


My artwork reflects the time I’ve spent in Rome.  From seeing historical sites to little neighborhoods, my time here has been full of eye opening experiences.  The box represents some of the things that have made an impact in my time studying abroad.  It also relates to the reading, “The Beggar” and his box of words.  Studying here and being submersed in this environment has made me more aware of the issues Italy is facing.  Themes like “identity” and “difference” have been constant ideas.  I included little figures of everyone in the class to show that everyone is making a difference and an impact in my experiences here.  The sunset in the background represents the beauty I’ve seen here.  Everyday I look out my window and there have been blue skies, and every evening an amazing sunset.  One of my favorite sunsets has been the one I’ve seen near the Amalfi Coast, represented by the water under the sunset.  Altogether it represents the time and experiences I’ve had in Italy and how it’s made an impact on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment